tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: Weird stack trace when reloading a webapp
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 20:05:07 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Johnny Kewl" <john@kewlstuff.co.za>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2008 9:45 PM
Subject: Re: Weird stack trace when reloading a webapp

Oh... to explain your question... sorry I got excited there....

findResourceInternal
> INFO: Illegal access: this web application instance has been stopped
> already.  Could not load META-INF/services/org.ap
> ache.xerces.xni.parser.XMLParserConfiguration.

What this means is that something in the application is trying to load a
resource... like applications load Icons ona stuff... but the class loader
in the application then asks Tomcats class loader to get it from the class
path.... (something like this, could be less or more complex)... but because
that classpath has been released already.... they screwed and dont know what
to do... its like a classloader forgetting where jar files are... thankfully
some clever programmer put the reason in... the web app has already gone...
which maked me think theres another classloder in their somewhere...
something like that ;)

Its a final death throw....
The only real POJO Application Server.