tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: Tomcat within Eclipse
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 05:27:15 GMT

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Sam Wun" <swun2010@gmail.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2008 6:57 AM
Subject: Tomcat within Eclipse


> Hi,
>
> Can anyone tell me how to resolve the followoing exception?
> and how do I know whether tomcat service is really running.
>
> 11/08/2008 14:47:47 org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener init
> INFO: The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal
> performance in production environments was not found on the
> java.library.path: C:\Program
> Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin;.;C:\Windows\Sun\Java\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:/Program
> Files/Java/jre6/bin/client;C:/Program
> Files/Java/jre6/bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;d:\ant171\bin;D:\apache-maven-2.0.9\bin;C:\Program
> Files\Nmap
> 11/08/2008 14:47:47 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init
> INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
> 11/08/2008 14:47:47 org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
> INFO: Initialization processed in 502 ms
> 11/08/2008 14:47:47 org.apache.naming.NamingContext lookup
> WARNING: Unexpected exception resolving reference
> java.io.IOException: Cannot rename original file to C:\Program
> Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\conf\tomcat-users.xml.old
> at 
> org.apache.catalina.users.MemoryUserDatabase.save(MemoryUserDatabase.java:582)
> at 
> org.apache.catalina.users.MemoryUserDatabaseFactory.getObjectInstance(MemoryUserDatabaseFactory.java:104)
> at 
> org.apache.naming.factory.ResourceFactory.getObjectInstance(ResourceFactory.java:140)
> at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getObjectInstance(Unknown Source)
> at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:793)
> at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:140)
> at 
> org.apache.naming.NamingContextBindingsEnumeration.nextElementInternal(NamingContextBindingsEnumeration.java:113)
> at 
> org.apache.naming.NamingContextBindingsEnumeration.next(NamingContextBindingsEnumeration.java:71)
> at 
> org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.createMBeans(GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.java:137)
> at 
> org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.createMBeans(GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.java:109)
> at 
> org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.lifecycleEvent(GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.java:81)
> at 
> org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:117)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:703)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:578)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:288)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413)
> 11/08/2008 14:47:47
> org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener
> createMBeans
> SEVERE: Exception processing Global JNDI Resources
> javax.naming.NamingException: Cannot rename original file to
> C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
> 6.0\conf\tomcat-users.xml.old
> at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:805)
> at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:140)
> at 
> org.apache.naming.NamingContextBindingsEnumeration.nextElementInternal(NamingContextBindingsEnumeration.java:113)
> at 
> org.apache.naming.NamingContextBindingsEnumeration.next(NamingContextBindingsEnumeration.java:71)
> at 
> org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.createMBeans(GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.java:137)
> at 
> org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.createMBeans(GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.java:109)
> at 
> org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.lifecycleEvent(GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.java:81)
> at 
> org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:117)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:703)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:578)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:288)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413)
> 11/08/2008 14:47:47 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService start
> INFO: Starting service Catalina
> 11/08/2008 14:47:47 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start
> INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/6.0.18
> 11/08/2008 14:47:47 org.apache.naming.NamingContext lookup
> WARNING: Unexpected exception resolving reference
> java.io.IOException: Cannot rename original file to C:\Program
> Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\conf\tomcat-users.xml.old
> at 
> org.apache.catalina.users.MemoryUserDatabase.save(MemoryUserDatabase.java:582)
> at 
> org.apache.catalina.users.MemoryUserDatabaseFactory.getObjectInstance(MemoryUserDatabaseFactory.java:104)
> at 
> org.apache.naming.factory.ResourceFactory.getObjectInstance(ResourceFactory.java:140)
> at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getObjectInstance(Unknown Source)
> at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:793)
> at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:153)
> at 
> org.apache.catalina.realm.UserDatabaseRealm.start(UserDatabaseRealm.java:253)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1037)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)
> at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:516)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:710)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:578)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:288)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413)
> 11/08/2008 14:47:47 org.apache.catalina.realm.UserDatabaseRealm start
> SEVERE: Exception looking up UserDatabase under key UserDatabase
> javax.naming.NamingException: Cannot rename original file to
> C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
> 6.0\conf\tomcat-users.xml.old
> at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:805)
> at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:153)
> at 
> org.apache.catalina.realm.UserDatabaseRealm.start(UserDatabaseRealm.java:253)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1037)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)
> at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:516)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:710)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:578)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:288)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413)
> 11/08/2008 14:47:47 org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
> SEVERE: Catalina.start:
> LifecycleException:  No UserDatabase component found under key 
> UserDatabase
> at 
> org.apache.catalina.realm.UserDatabaseRealm.start(UserDatabaseRealm.java:261)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1037)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)
> at 
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:516)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:710)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:578)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:288)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413)
> 11/08/2008 14:47:47 org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
> INFO: Server startup in 104 ms
> 11/08/2008 14:49:20 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer await
> WARNING: StandardServer.await: Invalid command 'GET / HTTP/1.1' received

Gee Sam you seem to be having major problems... I cant believe there are no 
Eclipse users hanging around to help you...
It looks like your whole server.xml is missing... not being read...

Try run Tomcat from the startup.bat file in the bin... without eclipse.
If you get an error the problem is Tomcats config is messed up... the 
easiest way to fix that is just re install it...

If it works then eclipse setting is someow messed up and its not pointing at 
TC correctly...

You should literally be able to unzip tomcat and run it...
Alternatively get the service version...

Hopefully an Eclipse user comes to your rescue ;)
Just make sure TC works on its own first....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
HARBOR : http://www.kewlstuff.co.za/index.htm
The most powerful application server on earth.
The only real POJO Application Server.
See it in Action : http://www.kewlstuff.co.za/cd_tut_swf/whatisejb1.htm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- 


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To start a new topic, e-mail: users@tomcat.apache.org
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org


Mime
View raw message