tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Maduranga <madura...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Runs OutOfMemory (Not at repeated WAR deployments)
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 21:51:39 GMT
Its 32 bit. Sorry I missed that earlier.

Could be a problem with web app. Could you give me an idea/example for
a profiler? Any open source ones available?

I am really in a tight schedule to get this sorted out. All the help
much appreciated
Thanks a lot

Maduranga

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 6:13 PM, Caldarale, Charles R
<Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> wrote:
>> From: Maduranga [mailto:maduranga@gmail.com]
>> Subject: Re: Tomcat Runs OutOfMemory (Not at repeated WAR deployments)
>>
>> OS: Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 2)
>
> Is that 64-bit or 32-bit?
>
>> I have 2G ram for JVM, but I would like to stick with 1G if
>> its possible.
>
> If that's 2G for the entire JVM process, the maximum heap you can get away with would
be somewhere around 1.5G, since there's a fair amount of space needed for code, libraries,
file space, etc.

>> Do you recommend upgrading to Tomcat 6?
>
> Might have some benefit, but you really need to run a profiler to find out what's consuming
the memory.  The problem is likely to like with your webapp, not Tomcat itself.

>  - Chuck

Maduranga