tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Mast" <jhmast.develo...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem with Custom Access Log Format
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2008 19:21:51 GMT
Hi all,

I'm using AccessLogValves to log access to contexts and I'm using the
"combined" pattern documented here:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/valve.html#Access%20Log%20Valve

However, I would like to define a custom pattern for logging this
information.  The problem is that I don't see a pattern code that
corresponds to the User-Agent or to the Referrer.  These values are
"automagically" included when using the "combined" pattern, but I have a
sneaky feeling that these values are accessible directly.  Or perhaps I'm
mis-reading the documentation.  Anyways, any help in uncovering the
User-Agent and Referrer values would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tomcat 5.5
Java 1.4.2