tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Guojun Zhu" <zgg...@gmail.com>
Subject How to Set up Role in Tomcat
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 19:01:59 GMT
Hi,

We are using Tomcat 5.5 in a linux box.  And I am trying to set up the Realm
security for our webapp.   I only want a password and username challenge for
this webapp only.  So I guess I need to set up a role corresponding to it
directly.  I look around and did not find much information about how to do
this.  I found a section in the servlet spec., but it is quite general and
no specific details.  Can anyone give me more specific information on this
please?   I am not minding spend a couple of days to read.  I can program in
java and know the basic things about the language, not as advanced as to the
architecture level.  But I am very much willing to learn it.  Thanks.

Sincerely
zhu, Guojun