tomcat-users mailing list archives

From J Ilari Moilanen <imoil...@cc.helsinki.fi>
Subject RE: preventing manifest write
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2008 09:39:03 GMT
It works!
I unpacked displaytag-1.1.jar and moved the classes under classes folder.
And now it works as it is supposed to. Thank you :)

Regards,
Ilari

On Thu, 3 Jul 2008, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
> > From: J Ilari Moilanen [mailto:imoilane@cc.helsinki.fi]
> > Subject: RE: preventing manifest write
> >
> > java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:131)
> > org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.
> >   findResourceInternal(WebappClassLoader.java:1817)
>
> The code in this area is extracting possible resources from a jar file buried inside
the war (possibly loader.jar?).  Looks like If you move all resources to the WEB-INF/classes
directory, Tomcat might not have to extract non-class files from the jars.  Similar logic
appears to be in the most recent version of Tomcat, except that it's exercised only when antiJarLocking
is true.