tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Graceful shutdown
Date Sat, 05 Jul 2008 14:54:12 GMT

go to server.xml
determine the shutdown port in server.xml
Can you confirm the default shutdown TC port of 8005 is listening?
so at command line typenetstat -a | grep 8005?Martin_____________________________________________
Disclaimer and confidentiality note Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates
to the official business of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and Sender
does not endorse distribution to any party other than intended recipient. Sender does not
necessarily endorse content contained within this transmission. > Subject: RE: Graceful
shutdown> Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 15:11:22 -0500> From: Walter@oligos.com> To: users@tomcat.apache.org>
-----Original Message-----> From: Antonio Parolini [mailto:Antonio.Parolini@hcuge.ch] >
Sent: Friday, July 04, 2008 2:54 AM> To: users@tomcat.apache.org> Subject: Graceful
shutdown> > > Hello,> > We use Tomcat 5.5.23> > Using the command "catalina.sh
stop" interrupts abruptly any working> servlet threads and stop Tomcat. > > Is there
a way of shutting tomcat gracefully?> > For me, an example of graceful shutdown would
be:> 1) The HTTP connector stop accepting new requests> 2) Tomcat wait that all the
servlet threads finish (without interrupting> them as it does today)> 3) Shutdown the
server> > Thanks for your advises,> > Antonio> > NB: I've seen that jk2
connector did something about this, but we are> not using Apache as our front end.>
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org> > > --------------------------------------------------------------------->