tomcat-users mailing list archives

From ich eben <internet...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: i18n deployment
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2008 21:59:53 GMT

Thanks for the advice, but it seems like only the application/context of the defaultHost is
used. (If i change the default host to .de, i only get the German site - even for the .com
domain) I tried it with an empty and a 'non empty' context path in the applications context.xml
file.
An other thing i've noticed is that my ServletContextListener is now called twice. Is this
the intended behavior?

I've done the following steps:
1.  created two virtual hosts in server.xml
2.  Set the defaultHost to one of the new virtual hosts.
3.  created the appBase directories for the virtual servers as well as the appBase/ROOT dirctory.
4.  copied the appropriate .html files in each ROOT directory.
5.  Verified file/directory permissions.
6.  Copied the war file into the appBase directories and restarted tomcat.
I am certain i missed something, please let me know if you have any ideas what.

Thanks in advance for your help!

> From: Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
> Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 08:44:52 -0500
> Subject: RE: i18n deployment
>
>> From: ich eben [mailto:internetsux@hotmail.com]
>> Subject: i18n deployment
>>
>> Is there a way to display the englisch html file for the .com
>> address and the german html file for the .de address?
>> Thanks in advance for any advice!
>
> Configure two  elements in server.xml, one for each domain.  Each  should point to a
different appBase, one for Deutsch, one for English.  Create a ROOT directory under each appBase,
and put the appropriate .html file in each ROOT.