tomcat-users mailing list archives

From ich eben <internet...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: i18n deployment
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 15:00:53 GMT

Ah...
i was using the url http://www.appname.de instead of http://appname.de !!!
It works perfectly without 'www'
Chuck, thank you very much for your help!

> From: Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
> Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 09:27:45 -0500
> Subject: RE: i18n deployment
>
> > From: nop [mailto:nopalot@iplace.at]
> > Subject: RE: i18n deployment
> >
> > I've stopped tomcat, cleaned the directories conf/Catalina/ and
> > work/Catalina and started tomcat again, but i still get only
> > the welcome page from the default host displayed.
>
> What URLs are you using?  The host part of the URL must match the configured <Host>
name attribute, or the request will default.  You might want to turn on the AccessLogValve
for the <Engine> (not <Host>) to see what's really coming in.

> > This is whats inside server.xml:
> >       <Host name="appname.de"  appBase="appname_de"
> >             unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="false"
> >             xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false">
> >       </Host>
>
> You must use http://appname.de/ to reach this; is that what you're doing?  Otherwise,
the server.xml looks fine.

> > After deployment theres a copy of the file in
> > catalinahome/conf/Catalina/appname.com/myapp.xml and
> > catalinahome/conf/Catalina/appname.de/myapp.xml.
>
> That is expected.
>
> > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> > <Context debug="5" reloadable="true" crossContext="false">
> >     <Resource   name="jdbc/appname" auth="Container"
> ... <snip>
> > </Context>
>
> This will get you two connection pools, one for each webapp.  If that's not what you
want, put the DB config in the <GlobalNamingResources> section of server.xml.  Keeping
two pools does allow the webapps to be independent, which is usually a good thing.

> > By the way, i deploy by stopping tomcat, copying the war file into the
> > appBase directory and starting tomcat again - does this make any
> > difference than deploying with tomcats manager application?
>
> I think the manager will clean out the appropriate portion of the work directory when
an application is stopped - which your procedure isn't doing.  You should add that to your
script to avoid use of old information.