tomcat-users mailing list archives

From ich eben <internet...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: i18n deployment
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 07:04:57 GMT

Hello Chuck,
thank you very much for your help!
I've stopped tomcat, cleaned the directories conf/Catalina/ and work/Catalina and started
tomcat again, but i still get only the welcome page from the default host displayed.

This is whats inside server.xml:

content.xml, which is located at META-INF direcoty inside the war file (myapp.war), follows.
After deployment theres a copy of the file in catalinahome/conf/Catalina/appname.com/myapp.xml
and catalinahome/conf/Catalina/appname.de/myapp.xml.

By the way, i deploy by stopping tomcat, copying the war file into the appBase directory and
starting tomcat again - does this make any difference than deploying with tomcats manager
application?

Thanks again for you help!

> From: Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
> Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 21:17:18 -0500
> Subject: RE: i18n deployment
>
>> From: ich eben [mailto:internetsux@hotmail.com]
>> Subject: RE: i18n deployment
>>

>> Thanks for the advice, but it seems like only the
>> application/context of the defaultHost is used.
>
> Post your server.xml and any  elements you have, along with where they're located.  Look
in conf/Catalina/[host] for potential additional  elements.

> Also try stopping Tomcat, cleaning out its work directory, and restarting.
>  (If i change
>
>> An other thing i've noticed is that my ServletContextListener
>> is now called twice. Is this the intended behavior?
>
> Yes, because the webapp is deployed twice, once for each .
>
>> I've done the following steps:
>
> Those steps sound good, but let's look at the actual .xml files to insure there's not
a typo or something else missed.