tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Miehs <>
Subject Re: Restart TC with cron/sh
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2008 14:20:33 GMT
On 07/07/2008, at 4:11 PM, Piller S├ębastien wrote:

> Yes, we're running Linux. I'm not sure what's my distrib. I'm using
> our dedicated hosting, administrated via ssh. When I need to start
> tomcat, I just use the script (the one in /bin/). Same to
> shutdown: use
> It's possible to restart TC with a .sh, isn't it?

Dear S├ębastien,

You can use cron to stop and restart tomcat every day - A little bit
of shell scripting may be required.

The apache distribution of tomcat can be stopped and started by using

(some developers ASSUME that $TOMCAT_HOME is the working directory)

As you are already having memory difficulties though, you may find
that does not work correctly - and that you may need to
use "kill -9".

Either way however, should you be using this tomcat for a 'commercial
purpose' running on a '*nix' machine, I can only strongly recommend
that you find someone who can administer this machine.

Best of luck.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: