tomcat-users mailing list archives

From floatingisl...@aol.com
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5 -- Enabling of Certain Characters in URLs [Take 2]
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2008 21:51:47 GMT
Hi,

Yikes! I noticed that I had an abundance of typos in my post.

Let me try to re-post in something closer to English. Here it goes:I am currently running
the open source webapp eXist (http://exist.sourceforge.net/)

on Tomcat 5.5. It works well with the exception of the following glitch:

accessing URLs containing "(" or "," characters generates a 404 "document not found"

message. I've tried encoding these URLs with %29 and other encodings, but that doesn't

help. Are there any settings in the conf files that can be enabled to allow "(" or ","

in URLs preferably without encoding? In looking through the mailing list archives, I

noticed that there is a DecodeInterceptor safe="false" setting that can be enabled

(or added and then enabled?) to allow certain characters in URLs. So my question is this:

what needs to be added or enabled in Tomcat 5.5 to allow characters such as "(" or ","

in URLs?

? Thanks,Greg

?

?