tomcat-users mailing list archives

From floatingisl...@aol.com
Subject Tomcat 5.5 -- Enabling of Certain Characters in URLs
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2008 17:36:50 GMT
Hi,

Currently running the open source webapp eXist (http://exist.sourceforge.net/) on Tomcat 5.5.
It works well

expect for this glitch: in trying to access file names containing "(" or "," characters, Tomcat
generates a 404 "document not found" message. I've tried encoding these with %29 and other
encodings, but that doesn't help. Is there a setting in the conf files that can be enabled
to allow "(" or "," in URLs preferably without encoding? In looking through the mailing list
archives (see http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tomcat-dev/200109.mbox/%3C764CA2FF49EC054BA086FC8253A52DD7432C22@merc09.na.sas.com%3E)

, I noticed that there is a <DecodeInterceptor safe="false" /> setting, but
I don't know if that's part of Tomcat 5.5 or if it is, can it have to be added, and if to
which file and where in the conf files? Or is there another setting that can be added/enabled?

Thanks,

Greg

?