tomcat-users mailing list archives

From KANIKA GUPTA <kanik...@yahoo.com>
Subject Unable to run tomcat in Eclipse
Date Sat, 19 Jul 2008 04:37:29 GMT

Hi

I am using tomcat V6.0.16 on openSuse 11.0 along with eclipse 3.4.0 genameyde.
The tomcat starts and stop normally when i do the same on command line, but when i try to
start the server through eclipse... it gives me the following error:

'Starting Tomcat v6.0 Server at localhost has encountered a problem.
Could not load the Tomcat server configuration at /Servers/Tomcat v6.0 Server at localhost-config.
The configuration may be corrupt or incomplete.

I am running the server at port 8085. I changed it to same in the server.xml file located
in the installation directory of tomcat in conf folder. This was done because i am using was
ce at 8080.

I have jdk5 as well as jdk6 installed bt currently working with jdk5.

Please help what to do...

Kanika