tomcat-users mailing list archives

From kohanm <kohan.mass...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Context or Mapping problems Apache 2.2 +mod_JK+ Tomcat 5.5
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2008 17:23:57 GMT
Hi,

The context located  :
Tomcat 5.5\conf\Catalina\localhost\webapplication.xml
and I modified as you mentioned:

<Context         debug="5" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">
---
</Context>

I tried the  http://localhost/webapplication/welcome.do  URl it did not
work.

then I tried to check the Tomcat separately with it's port:
 http://localhost:*8080/booking*/welcome.do*   it worked(*
Tomcat5.5/webapps/booking*) .*
**
and  http://localhost:*8080/webapplication/welcome.do<http://localhost:8080/webapplication/welcome.do>
did not work.*
**
So I think the Tomcat does not mapping to the  Tomcat5.5/webapps/*booking*
 directory properly*.*
Any suggestions.
Thanks.
MK

On 7/24/08, Caldarale, Charles R <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> wrote:
> > From: kohanm [mailto:kohan.massoud@gmail.com]
> > Subject: Re: Context or Mapping problems Apache 2.2 +mod_JK+
> > Tomcat 5.5
> >
> > I removed the  path and docBase attributes like this:
> > <Context  path="" docBase=""
> >       debug="5" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">
>
> No, remove means remove, not change the values to null strings.  Your
<Context> element should simply be this:
> <Context debug="5" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">
>
> Where is your <Context> element located now?
>
> Where is your webapp deployed (name of directory or war file)?
>
> > The requested resource (/webapplication/welcome.do)
> > is not available.
>
> Verify that you can access the webapp through Tomcat's HTTP connector,
then try it through httpd.  If you can get at it directly but not through
httpd, then something's wrong with your httpd mappings, which I can't help
you with.

>  - Chuck

attachments from all computers.