tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Olivier Verg├Ęs" <>
Subject adding a virtual host with jmx
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 13:55:39 GMT
hi all,

I'm creating a web application for auto deploying virtual host through
apache and tomcat on a production server.
Everything is ok except for the Tomcat part:
As tomcat can't be reloaded  and as i can't restart anytime I want,  I 've
heard jmx was great cause it was possible to modify a running tomcat (is the
english expression is "on the fly"?).

So, Connection to Mbean server is ok...

My problem is :
when i invoke the addChild (org.apache.catalina.core.Container) method of
Engine I get this error:

So i try to create my own addChildByString(String;String,String,String)
which takes the appabase and the name of th virtual host, and path and
docBase of the first needed context. But i've got a problem with the context
" GRAVE: Error getConfigured" (and nothing else)

i'm a little lost with all the classes and functions and I haven't found any
docs about adding vh by jmx.

has anyone tried to add and directly make worked a virtual host and a
context on a running tomcat ?