tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Len Popp" <len.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat seems to have stopped servicing requests behind Apache
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2008 20:43:59 GMT
On this mailing list, the party line is that Tomcat is as fast as any
other web server. I haven't benchmarked it myself.

There's no big issue here. If the HTML files are part of your webapp,
they're under a Tomcat directory and will be served by Tomcat. If you
want to use a different web server for those files, put them into that
server's directory.

It's only a problem if you try to configure two different servers in
the same directory. Don't do that. You wouldn't put your whole web
site into c:\windows\system32, would you? :-)
--
Len