tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7.0 ?
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 22:12:56 GMT
Antonio Goncalves wrote:
> Hi all,
> The Servlet 3.0 specification ( has
> published an early draft recently (may 2008). On the description it's
> written that "The reference implementation will be developed entirely in the
> public GlassFish project on". But I thought Tomcat 7.0 will be the
> reference implementation of Servlet 3.0 and JSP 2.2. But because I can't
> find much information about Tomcat 7.0, I'm a bit confused.
> Does anybody knows what the future will be ?

Tomcat hasn't been the reference implementation for quite some time.

I suspect we will wait a little while to let the spec settle before
starting implementation. That said, if anyone is interested in developing
patches then post to the dev list and we can work out a plan.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message