tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Memory question
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2008 12:04:52 GMT
Ooops.  It's been a long time since I've taken a look at catalina.sh.
Just saw the startup.sh pass parameters along.

--David

Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: David Smith [mailto:dns4@cornell.edu]
>> Subject: Re: Memory question
>>
>> I believe the startup script accepts extra parameters and just
>> passes them on to the JVM for startup.  You should be able to do:
>>
>> startup.sh -Xmx512m
>>

> Unfortunately not, although it certainly would be convenient.  The extra parameters are
passed to Tomcat's Bootstrap class, not the JVM.  You really do have to use CATALINA_OPTS
or JAVA_OPTS.

>  - Chuck

David Smith
Programmer/Analyst
College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Cornell University
B32 Morrison Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853
Phone: (607) 255-4521