tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Memory question
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 23:36:39 GMT
If you login to tomcat's manager webapp, you can see the memory settings
and usage on the running system.  Regarding setting the memory, etc.,
... I believe the startup script accepts extra parameters and just
passes them on to the JVM for startup.  You should be able to do:

startup.sh -Xmx512m

Then you don't end up giving every java program running on the system
half your system memory, killing hard drives on page swaps.

--David