tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gabe Wong <gabri...@ngasi.com>
Subject Re: one webapp, many apache virtualhosts
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 20:29:58 GMT
Hi Jordan,
You just need to put the proxy directive outside the virtualhost once.
So it would be globally available
in the Apache config.

Regards

Jordan Michaels wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I have a situation where I want all jsp files on a particular system to
> be served up by one context (webapp) in tomcat.
>
> So in apache, I have a virtualhost who's files are stored in
> /home/user1/public_html, and another apache virtualhost who's files are
> stored in /home/user2/public_html. Is there a way that I can get the jsp
> files in both apache VirtualHosts to get processed by the same tomcat
> context WITHOUT having to make new <host> entries for each new site?
>
> Basically, the customer wants the freedom to create new web sites using
> the control panel software and just have tomcat process the JSP files as
> necessary for each site. It would be ideal if they didn't have to modify
> tomcat every time they added a new site to their server.
>
> This is probably just my ignorance shining though, but could someone
> point me in the right direction on how to set up tomcat to perform in
> this way? I'm happy to read documentation  but it looks like there's a
> lot that tomcat can do that just isn't necessary here. If I could get
> just a little bit of direction on this, I would be in your debt.
>
> Thank you for your help!
>
> -Jordan

Regards

Gabe Wong
NGASI AppServer Manager
JAVA AUTOMATION and SaaS Enablement for Cloud Computing
http://www.ngasi.com
NEW! FREE Developer account for Hosted version on Amazon EC2