tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Problem add domain
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 13:04:19 GMT
Thanks.... still need the stack trace's root cause.  You can find it in
tomcat's logs if it's not on screen anymore.  Also, are you trying to
use the Admin tool?  You might be better off just editing the
appropriate config files.  It was dropped from tomcat 6 because it
hadn't been maintained in a long time.

--David

Christian Bianchini wrote:
> The version of tomcat is: 5.5.26
> The server have install debian etch
> The tomcat is install of source not package debian.
>
> On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 2:11 PM, David Smith <dns4@cornell.edu> wrote:
>

>> Could you please post tomcat version, OS, root cause (you cropped the stack
>> trace too early), any other relevant details.
>>
>> --David
>>
>> Christian Bianchini wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>> I have create the new domain on tomcat admin and I've create the context
>>> /manager but after login I receiving this error:
>>>
>>> type Exception report
>>>
>>> message
>>>
>>> description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
>>> from fulfilling this request.
>>>
>>> exception
>>>
>>> javax.servlet.ServletException: Error allocating a servlet instance
>>>
>>> org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:525)
>>>
>>> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
>>>
>>> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)
>>>
>>> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java[image:
>>> :8]74)
>>>
>>> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
>>>
>>> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)
>>>
>>> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java[image:
>>> :8]1)
>>>
>>> org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)
>>> java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
>>>
>>> root cause
>>>
>>> Screenshot:
>>> http://foto.freehostz.info/foto.php?code=1b79700537f14e9d48d0823ba03e1610

David Smith
Programmer/Analyst
College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Cornell University
B32 Morrison Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853
Phone: (607) 255-4521