tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: DataSourceRealm documentation
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2008 21:49:40 GMT
Carol Cheung wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm reading about DataSourceRealm at
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/realm-howto.html
> and step 2 under "Quick Start" is confusing.
>
> It says "Configure a database username and password for use by Tomcat ..."
> What does this mean? What should the username and password be and where
> should they be located so that they are configured for use by Tomcat?
>
> There's no username or password specified in the example Realm element
> under the DataSourceRealm section.

Keep looking around there.  I can't tell you where exactly anymore, but
I was browsing that a few days ago and I remember seeing a place where
they described what the table should be named, what the columns should
be, etc..  (or else they are just talking there of the
"tomcat-users.xml" file in the conf directory.)
Of course you can pick any name and password value you choose, as long
as that user is given the appropriate role for your application (e.g.
"manager" for the Manager application).

André

P.S. The above is all I think I know about this theme.