tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5 hanged . Thread Dump Analyze
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 09:40:09 GMT
Olivier Fourel schrieb:
> Hello all,
>
> our Tomcat production server hanged again.
> We made 2 thread dumps with few minutes between them.
>
> I used TDA but didn"t find any clear reason for the Tomcat state which
> stop answering request. In fact, It opens more and more socket without
> release them and from our client when we try to get a new connection we
> never receive any answer from Tomcat.
>

> Any help with interpretating theses 2 dumps would be very nice.
>

> The 2 dumps are joined in a zip as attached file.

There are 373 threads from the http connector pool at port 8180 (what's
the configuration of this connector in server.xml?). In dump 1 there are
295 of them in "parseRequestLine()", so I would say they are doing HTTP
Keep-Alive and wait for the next request in an already established
connection, 77 are idle in the pool and one is waiting in accept() for
the next connection to come in.

In dump 2 there are 157 threads in "parseRequestLine()" on Port 8180 and
215 idle in the pool, again 1 waiting in accept().

It doesn't look very strange. What exactl do you mean by "hanged"?

What happens if telnet from the local host to port 8180 and type

GET / HTTP/1.0

(two returns). Do you get an answer?

Do you have any OutOfMemoryError in your log files?

Regards,

Rainer