tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Gordon <adam.gor...@readytalk.com>
Subject Does mod_jk support chunked encoding?
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 21:29:02 GMT
Hi-

We're running Tomcat 5.5.16 behind Apache2 and one functionality of our
web app serves up ZIP files which are created on the fly.

We'd like to implement chunked-encoding to serve up the ZIP file so we
don't have to actually create a temporary file on disk first but also so
that we can immediately begin streaming the content to a user (i.e. a
user doesn't have to wait for the files to be compressed into one
file).  We just can't seem to find any documentation on how to set up
Apache, Tomcat, and mod_jk to support chunked encoding.

Can anyone point us in the right direction?  Thanks.

--adam