tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: tomcat, apache with mod_jk and mod_auth_kerb
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 13:05:38 GMT
> Thats right and clueful. Yes, I modifued my httpd.conf to include the webapp
> location that I was going through and it updated the remote user, I was able
> to use have the result now properly set from the request.getRemoteUser call.

Fine.

> BUT, again, I was not able to pass the 'REMOTE_USER' variable. How can I do
> that in my httpd.conf.. any ideas what else do I need to add more in my
> httpd.conf ?

I don't understand, what you mean by "pass the 'REMOTE_USER' variable".
If you want to pass the name of the authenticated user, that's
request.getRemoteUser(), which now works.

What do you expect to be the value of the 'REMOTE_USER' variable? Do you
expoect something else, than what you get from request.getRemoteUser()?
What do you mean by variable? Maybe an httpd environment Variable?

Regards,

Rainer