tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat INFO message
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 08:18:24 GMT
w.delacruz wrote:
> Hi...when i deploy a java web application in Tomcat 6 i got this error
> message,
>
> Jul 14, 2008 10:30:00 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
> loadClass
> INFO: Illegal access: this web application instance has been stopped
> already.  Could not load java.lang.Object.  The eventual following stack
> trace is caused by an error thrown for debugging purposes as well as to
> attempt to terminate the thread which caused the illegal access, and has no
> functional impact.
> java.lang.IllegalStateException
>
> But the application works anyway, what means that message???...is there
> something wrong i'm doing in my web application?

It indicates that after a web application has been stopped, an attempt was
made to load a class using the classloader for the stopped web application.

In an ideal world, you shouldn't see these. It usually indicates something
is holding a reference to the classloader that really shouldn't. If you are
sure all is well, you can ignore it. However, I would check, with a
profiler, to make sure you haven't got a memory leak.

Mark