tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: Version 6 Clustering problem
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 00:10:27 GMT
János wrote:
> Filip,
>
> You are right.  I called the session example wrongly via the 
> "bml0042.yalepath.org" host, but that was not configured.  As soon as 
> I called it via the "localhost" host - which was
glad you got it working
> configured - it worked fine.  Here is the log from node3:
>
> bml0042:/usr/local/tomcat janos$ cat node3/logs/localhost.2008-07-14.log
> Jul 14, 2008 2:22:49 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
> INFO: SessionListener: 
> sessionCreated('B3BA285CF8FABC0BD374C237C22B2B4E.node1')
> Jul 14, 2008 2:23:19 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
> INFO: SessionListener: 
> attributeAdded('B3BA285CF8FABC0BD374C237C22B2B4E.node1', 'els?', 'egy')
> Jul 14, 2008 2:23:49 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
> INFO: SessionListener: 
> attributeAdded('B3BA285CF8FABC0BD374C237C22B2B4E.node1', 'm?sodik', 
> 'Kett?')
>
> Now I have a working tomcat cluster, I JUST have to make it to work 
> with apache via jk_mod :)
>
> How a normal roadrunner, like me, should know about the 
> -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true system property and its dramatical 
> impact ?
the option doesn't really impact your system

Filip
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> János
>
> On Jul 14, 2008, at 10:42 AM, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
>
>> write your own webapp, to make sure you actually replicate 
>> serializable data
>>
>> Filip
>>
>> János wrote:
>>> Hi Filip,
>>>
>>> I added it in the catalina.sh file on all three nodes and I am not 
>>> seeing the error.  I also disabled IP6 in Network Preferences.
>>>
>>> I added the distrubuted="true" to the context.xml file on all three 
>>> nodes and added the <distributable/> tag to the 
>>> webapps/examples/WEB-INF/web.xml on all 3 nodes and tried the 
>>> SessionExample servlet
>>>
>>> http://bml0042.yalepath.org:8080/examples/servlets/servlet/SessionExample 
>>>
>>>
>>> to see if I have a working cluster.  I am following the book at
>>>
>>> http://proquest.safaribooksonline.com:80/9780596101060/tomcat_6_clustering_implementation 
>>>
>>>
>>> and it says that I should see messages similar to this one in the 
>>> nodes' logs"
>>>
>>> Sep 27, 2008 5:39:38 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
>>> INFO: SessionListener: contextInitialized(  )
>>> Sep 27, 2008 5:40:07 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
>>> INFO: SessionListener: 
>>> sessionCreated('F4B2D7191C1F335FFAAC93DA461CA95F.tc1')
>>> Sep 27, 2008 5:40:19 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
>>> INFO: SessionListener: 
>>> attributeAdded('F4B2D7191C1F335FFAAC93DA461CA95F.tc1', 'test',
>>>
>>>
>>> But I am not seeing them.  This is the resent log from node1:
>>>
>>> Jul 11, 2008 3:28:01 PM 
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener init
>>> INFO: The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows 
>>> optimal performance in production environments was not found on the 
>>> java.library.path: 
>>> .:/Library/Java/Extensions:/System/Library/Java/Extensions:/usr/lib/java 
>>>
>>> Jul 11, 2008 3:28:01 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init
>>> INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
>>> Jul 11, 2008 3:28:01 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
>>> INFO: Initialization processed in 1098 ms
>>> Jul 11, 2008 3:28:01 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService start
>>> INFO: Starting service Catalina
>>> Jul 11, 2008 3:28:01 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start
>>> INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/6.0.16
>>> Jul 11, 2008 3:28:01 PM org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster 
>>> start
>>> INFO: Cluster is about to start
>>> Jul 11, 2008 3:28:01 PM 
>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.ReceiverBase bind
>>> INFO: Receiver Server Socket bound to:/10.84.2.42:4000
>>> Jul 11, 2008 3:28:01 PM 
>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.McastServiceImpl setupSocket
>>> INFO: Setting cluster mcast soTimeout to 500
>>> Jul 11, 2008 3:28:01 PM 
>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.McastServiceImpl waitForMembers
>>> INFO: Sleeping for 1000 milliseconds to establish cluster 
>>> membership, start level:4
>>> Jul 11, 2008 3:28:02 PM 
>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.McastServiceImpl waitForMembers
>>> INFO: Done sleeping, membership established, start level:4
>>> Jul 11, 2008 3:28:02 PM 
>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.McastServiceImpl waitForMembers
>>> INFO: Sleeping for 1000 milliseconds to establish cluster 
>>> membership, start level:8
>>> Jul 11, 2008 3:28:03 PM 
>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.McastServiceImpl waitForMembers
>>> INFO: Done sleeping, membership established, start level:8
>>> Jul 11, 2008 3:28:03 PM 
>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.tipis.AbstractReplicatedMap init
>>> INFO: Initializing AbstractReplicatedMap with context name:
>>> Jul 11, 2008 3:28:04 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext 
>>> addApplicationListener
>>> INFO: The listener "listeners.ContextListener" is already configured 
>>> for this context. The duplicate definition has been ignored.
>>> Jul 11, 2008 3:28:04 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext 
>>> addApplicationListener
>>> INFO: The listener "listeners.SessionListener" is already configured 
>>> for this context. The duplicate definition has been ignored.
>>> Jul 11, 2008 3:28:04 PM org.apache.catalina.ha.session.DeltaManager 
>>> start
>>> INFO: Register manager /examples to cluster element Engine with name 
>>> Catalina
>>> Jul 11, 2008 3:28:04 PM org.apache.catalina.ha.session.DeltaManager 
>>> start
>>> INFO: Starting clustering manager at /examples
>>> Jul 11, 2008 3:28:04 PM org.apache.catalina.ha.session.DeltaManager 
>>> getAllClusterSessions
>>> INFO: Manager [localhost#/examples]: skipping state transfer. No 
>>> members active in cluster group.
>>> Jul 11, 2008 3:28:04 PM 
>>> org.apache.catalina.ha.session.JvmRouteBinderValve start
>>> INFO: JvmRouteBinderValve started
>>> Jul 11, 2008 3:28:04 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol start
>>> INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
>>> Jul 11, 2008 3:28:05 PM org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket init
>>> INFO: JK: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
>>> Jul 11, 2008 3:28:05 PM org.apache.jk.server.JkMain start
>>> INFO: Jk running ID=0 time=0/45  config=null
>>> Jul 11, 2008 3:28:05 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
>>> INFO: Server startup in 3601 ms
>>> Jul 11, 2008 3:28:37 PM org.apache.catalina.tribes.io.BufferPool 
>>> getBufferPool
>>> INFO: Created a buffer pool with max size:104857600 bytes of 
>>> type:org.apache.catalina.tribes.io.BufferPool15Impl
>>> Jul 11, 2008 3:28:37 PM org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster 
>>> memberAdded
>>> INFO: Replication member 
>>> added:org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.MemberImpl[tcp://{10, 
>>> 84, 2, 42}:4001,{10, 84, 2, 42},4001, alive=1020,id={60 103 -111 -34 
>>> 98 62 71 -116 -104 76 -100 115 -77 15 -52 -92 }, payload={}, 
>>> command={}, domain={}, ]
>>> Jul 11, 2008 3:29:08 PM org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster 
>>> memberAdded
>>> INFO: Replication member 
>>> added:org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.MemberImpl[tcp://{10, 
>>> 84, 2, 42}:4002,{10, 84, 2, 42},4002, alive=1019,id={27 24 -73 72 48 
>>> -6 70 32 -90 57 51 106 -94 -54 126 -52 }, payload={}, command={}, 
>>> domain={}, ]
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Similarly on the other two nodes.  What am I missing ??  Should I 
>>> add the <Context distributed=True" /> to the server.xml files ?
>>>
>>> Thanks ahead,
>>>
>>> János
>>> On Jul 10, 2008, at 6:03 PM, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
>>>
>>>> try setting the
>>>> |-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
>>>>
>>>> option for your tomcat launch
>>>>
>>>> Filip
>>>> |
>>>> János wrote:
>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>
>>>>> I am trying to establish a 3 member cluster on the same machine.  
>>>>> Here is my server.xml copied from a sample I found on this list.
>>>>>
>>>>> <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
>>>>> <Server port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">
>>>>>   <Listener 
>>>>> className="org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener" 
>>>>> SSLEngine="on" />
>>>>>   <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.JasperListener" />
>>>>>   <Listener 
>>>>> className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener" />
>>>>>   <Listener 
>>>>> className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener" 
>>>>> />
>>>>>
>>>>>   <GlobalNamingResources>
>>>>>     <Resource name="UserDatabase" auth="Container"
>>>>>               type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"
>>>>>               description="User database that can be updated and 
>>>>> saved"
>>>>>               
>>>>> factory="org.apache.catalina.users.MemoryUserDatabaseFactory"
>>>>>               pathname="conf/tomcat-users.xml" />
>>>>>   </GlobalNamingResources>
>>>>>
>>>>>   <Service name="Catalina">
>>>>>
>>>>>     <Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
>>>>>                connectionTimeout="20000"
>>>>>                redirectPort="8443" />
>>>>>     <Connector port="8009" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8443" />
>>>>>
>>>>>     <Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost" jvmRoute="node1">
>>>>>
>>>>>       <Cluster 
>>>>> className="org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster"/>
>>>>>       <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.UserDatabaseRealm"
>>>>>              resourceName="UserDatabase"/>
>>>>>
>>>>>       <Host name="localhost"  appBase="webapps"
>>>>>             unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
>>>>>             xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false">
>>>>>         <Context path="" docBase="ROOT" 
>>>>> className="org.apache.catalina.ha.context.ReplicatedContext"/>
>>>>>       </Host>
>>>>>     </Engine>
>>>>>   </Service>
>>>>> </Server>
>>>>>
>>>>> The other two server.xml-s are the same, except the shutdown ports 
>>>>> are  8105, 8205, http ports are 8180, 8280 and https ports are 
>>>>> 8543, 8643.
>>>>> As soon as I am starting the second instance I receive the 
>>>>> following into the logs.
>>>>>
>>>>> In node1 logs:
>>>>>
>>>>> bml0042:/usr/local/tomcat/node1/logs janos$ cat 
>>>>> catalina.2008-07-10.log
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:03:24 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener init
>>>>> INFO: The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows 
>>>>> optimal performance in production environments was not found on 
>>>>> the java.library.path: 
>>>>> .:/Library/Java/Extensions:/System/Library/Java/Extensions:/usr/lib/java 
>>>>>
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:03:24 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init
>>>>> INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:03:24 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
>>>>> INFO: Initialization processed in 1187 ms
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:03:24 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService 
>>>>> start
>>>>> INFO: Starting service Catalina
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:03:24 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start
>>>>> INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/6.0.16
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:03:24 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster start
>>>>> INFO: Cluster is about to start
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:03:24 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.ReceiverBase bind
>>>>> INFO: Receiver Server Socket bound to:/10.84.2.42:4000
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:03:24 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.McastServiceImpl setupSocket
>>>>> INFO: Setting cluster mcast soTimeout to 500
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:03:24 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.McastServiceImpl waitForMembers
>>>>> INFO: Sleeping for 1000 milliseconds to establish cluster 
>>>>> membership, start level:4
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:03:25 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.McastServiceImpl waitForMembers
>>>>> INFO: Done sleeping, membership established, start level:4
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:03:25 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.McastServiceImpl waitForMembers
>>>>> INFO: Sleeping for 1000 milliseconds to establish cluster 
>>>>> membership, start level:8
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:03:26 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.McastServiceImpl waitForMembers
>>>>> INFO: Done sleeping, membership established, start level:8
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:03:26 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.tipis.AbstractReplicatedMap init
>>>>> INFO: Initializing AbstractReplicatedMap with context name:
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:03:27 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext 
>>>>> addApplicationListener
>>>>> INFO: The listener "listeners.ContextListener" is already 
>>>>> configured for this context. The duplicate definition has been 
>>>>> ignored.
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:03:27 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext 
>>>>> addApplicationListener
>>>>> INFO: The listener "listeners.SessionListener" is already 
>>>>> configured for this context. The duplicate definition has been 
>>>>> ignored.
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:03:27 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.ha.session.DeltaManager start
>>>>> INFO: Register manager /examples to cluster element Engine with 
>>>>> name Catalina
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:03:27 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.ha.session.DeltaManager start
>>>>> INFO: Starting clustering manager at /examples
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:03:27 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.ha.session.DeltaManager getAllClusterSessions
>>>>> INFO: Manager [localhost#/examples]: skipping state transfer. No 
>>>>> members active in cluster group.
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:03:28 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.ha.session.JvmRouteBinderValve start
>>>>> INFO: JvmRouteBinderValve started
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:03:28 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol start
>>>>> INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:03:28 PM org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket init
>>>>> INFO: JK: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:03:28 PM org.apache.jk.server.JkMain start
>>>>> INFO: Jk running ID=0 time=0/45  config=null
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:03:28 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
>>>>> INFO: Server startup in 3616 ms
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:41 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.NioReceiver listen
>>>>> SEVERE: Unable to process request in NioReceiver
>>>>> java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument
>>>>>         at sun.nio.ch.Net.setIntOption0(Native Method)
>>>>>         at sun.nio.ch.Net.setIntOption(Net.java:152)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl$1.setInt(SocketChannelImpl.java:372)
>>>>>         at sun.nio.ch.SocketOptsImpl.setInt(SocketOptsImpl.java:46)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> sun.nio.ch.SocketOptsImpl$IP.typeOfService(SocketOptsImpl.java:249)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> sun.nio.ch.OptionAdaptor.setTrafficClass(OptionAdaptor.java:158)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> sun.nio.ch.SocketAdaptor.setTrafficClass(SocketAdaptor.java:330)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.NioReceiver.listen(NioReceiver.java:273) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.NioReceiver.run(NioReceiver.java:353) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:41 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster memberAdded
>>>>> INFO: Replication member 
>>>>> added:org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.MemberImpl[tcp://{10, 
>>>>> 84, 2, 42}:4001,{10, 84, 2, 42},4001, alive=1022,id={96 24 -65 -46 
>>>>> 127 -68 65 119 -107 -12 -61 -24 -12 -122 10 56 }, payload={}, 
>>>>> command={}, domain={}, ]
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:41 PM org.apache.catalina.tribes.io.BufferPool 
>>>>> getBufferPool
>>>>> INFO: Created a buffer pool with max size:104857600 bytes of 
>>>>> type:org.apache.catalina.tribes.io.BufferPool15Impl
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:41 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.ParallelNioSender doLoop
>>>>> WARNING: Member send is failing for:tcp://{10, 84, 2, 42}:4001 ; 
>>>>> Setting to suspect and retrying.
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:41 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.TcpFailureDetector 
>>>>> memberDisappeared
>>>>> INFO: Received 
>>>>> memberDisappeared[org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.MemberImpl[tcp://{10, 
>>>>> 84, 2, 42}:4001,{10, 84, 2, 42},4001, alive=1022,id={96 24 -65 -46 
>>>>> 127 -68 65 119 -107 -12 -61 -24 -12 -122 10 56 }, payload={}, 
>>>>> command={}, domain={}, ]] message. Will verify.
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:41 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.TcpFailureDetector 
>>>>> memberDisappeared
>>>>> INFO: Verification complete. Member still 
>>>>> alive[org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.MemberImpl[tcp://{10, 
>>>>> 84, 2, 42}:4001,{10, 84, 2, 42},4001, alive=1022,id={96 24 -65 -46 
>>>>> 127 -68 65 119 -107 -12 -61 -24 -12 -122 10 56 }, payload={}, 
>>>>> command={}, domain={}, ]]
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:41 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.tipis.AbstractReplicatedMap heartbeat
>>>>> SEVERE: Unable to send AbstractReplicatedMap.ping message
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.ChannelException: Send failed, 
>>>>> attempt:2 max:1; Faulty members:tcp://{10, 84, 2, 42}:4001;
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.ParallelNioSender.doLoop(ParallelNioSender.java:172) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.ParallelNioSender.sendMessage(ParallelNioSender.java:78) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.PooledParallelSender.sendMessage(PooledParallelSender.java:53) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.ReplicationTransmitter.sendMessage(ReplicationTransmitter.java:80) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.ChannelCoordinator.sendMessage(ChannelCoordinator.java:78) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.ChannelInterceptorBase.sendMessage(ChannelInterceptorBase.java:75) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.TcpFailureDetector.sendMessage(TcpFailureDetector.java:87) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.ChannelInterceptorBase.sendMessage(ChannelInterceptorBase.java:75) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.MessageDispatchInterceptor.sendMessage(MessageDispatchInterceptor.java:73) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.ChannelInterceptorBase.sendMessage(ChannelInterceptorBase.java:75) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.GroupChannel.send(GroupChannel.java:216) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.GroupChannel.send(GroupChannel.java:175) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.RpcChannel.send(RpcChannel.java:89)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.tipis.AbstractReplicatedMap.ping(AbstractReplicatedMap.java:253) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.tipis.AbstractReplicatedMap.heartbeat(AbstractReplicatedMap.java:793) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.GroupChannel.heartbeat(GroupChannel.java:153) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.GroupChannel$HeartbeatThread.run(GroupChannel.java:661) 
>>>>>
>>>>> Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument
>>>>>         at sun.nio.ch.Net.setIntOption0(Native Method)
>>>>>         at sun.nio.ch.Net.setIntOption(Net.java:152)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl$1.setInt(SocketChannelImpl.java:372)
>>>>>         at sun.nio.ch.SocketOptsImpl.setInt(SocketOptsImpl.java:46)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> sun.nio.ch.SocketOptsImpl$IP.typeOfService(SocketOptsImpl.java:249)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> sun.nio.ch.OptionAdaptor.setTrafficClass(OptionAdaptor.java:158)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> sun.nio.ch.SocketAdaptor.setTrafficClass(SocketAdaptor.java:330)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.NioSender.completeConnect(NioSender.java:147) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.NioSender.process(NioSender.java:89) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.ParallelNioSender.doLoop(ParallelNioSender.java:130) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         ... 16 more
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:41 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.ParallelNioSender doLoop
>>>>> WARNING: Not retrying send for:tcp://{10, 84, 2, 42}:4001; Sender 
>>>>> is disconnected.
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:41 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.TcpFailureDetector 
>>>>> memberDisappeared
>>>>> INFO: Received 
>>>>> memberDisappeared[org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.MemberImpl[tcp://{10, 
>>>>> 84, 2, 42}:4001,{10, 84, 2, 42},4001, alive=1022,id={96 24 -65 -46 
>>>>> 127 -68 65 119 -107 -12 -61 -24 -12 -122 10 56 }, payload={}, 
>>>>> command={}, domain={}, ]] message. Will verify.
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:42 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.TcpFailureDetector 
>>>>> memberDisappeared
>>>>> INFO: Verification complete. Member still 
>>>>> alive[org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.MemberImpl[tcp://{10, 
>>>>> 84, 2, 42}:4001,{10, 84, 2, 42},4001, alive=1022,id={96 24 -65 -46 
>>>>> 127 -68 65 119 -107 -12 -61 -24 -12 -122 10 56 }, payload={}, 
>>>>> command={}, domain={}, ]]
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:42 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.tipis.AbstractReplicatedMap heartbeat
>>>>> SEVERE: Unable to send AbstractReplicatedMap.ping message
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.ChannelException: Send failed, and 
>>>>> sender is disconnected. Not retrying.; Faulty members:tcp://{10, 
>>>>> 84, 2, 42}:4001;
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.ParallelNioSender.doLoop(ParallelNioSender.java:156) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.ParallelNioSender.sendMessage(ParallelNioSender.java:78) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.PooledParallelSender.sendMessage(PooledParallelSender.java:53) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.ReplicationTransmitter.sendMessage(ReplicationTransmitter.java:80) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.ChannelCoordinator.sendMessage(ChannelCoordinator.java:78) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.ChannelInterceptorBase.sendMessage(ChannelInterceptorBase.java:75) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.TcpFailureDetector.sendMessage(TcpFailureDetector.java:87) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.ChannelInterceptorBase.sendMessage(ChannelInterceptorBase.java:75) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.MessageDispatchInterceptor.sendMessage(MessageDispatchInterceptor.java:73) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.ChannelInterceptorBase.sendMessage(ChannelInterceptorBase.java:75) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.GroupChannel.send(GroupChannel.java:216) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.GroupChannel.send(GroupChannel.java:175) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.RpcChannel.send(RpcChannel.java:89)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.tipis.AbstractReplicatedMap.ping(AbstractReplicatedMap.java:253) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.tipis.AbstractReplicatedMap.heartbeat(AbstractReplicatedMap.java:793) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.GroupChannel.heartbeat(GroupChannel.java:158) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.GroupChannel$HeartbeatThread.run(GroupChannel.java:661) 
>>>>>
>>>>> Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument
>>>>>         at sun.nio.ch.Net.setIntOption0(Native Method)
>>>>>         at sun.nio.ch.Net.setIntOption(Net.java:152)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl$1.setInt(SocketChannelImpl.java:372)
>>>>>         at sun.nio.ch.SocketOptsImpl.setInt(SocketOptsImpl.java:46)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> sun.nio.ch.SocketOptsImpl$IP.typeOfService(SocketOptsImpl.java:249)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> sun.nio.ch.OptionAdaptor.setTrafficClass(OptionAdaptor.java:158)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> sun.nio.ch.SocketAdaptor.setTrafficClass(SocketAdaptor.java:330)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.NioSender.completeConnect(NioSender.java:147) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.NioSender.process(NioSender.java:89) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.ParallelNioSender.doLoop(ParallelNioSender.java:130) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         ... 16 more
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> and so on forever.
>>>>>
>>>>> In node2 logs I see the following:
>>>>>
>>>>> bml0042:/usr/local/tomcat/node2/logs janos$ cat 
>>>>> catalina.2008-07-10.log
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:40 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener init
>>>>> INFO: The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows 
>>>>> optimal performance in production environments was not found on 
>>>>> the java.library.path: 
>>>>> .:/Library/Java/Extensions:/System/Library/Java/Extensions:/usr/lib/java 
>>>>>
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:40 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init
>>>>> INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8180
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:40 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
>>>>> INFO: Initialization processed in 1148 ms
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:40 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService 
>>>>> start
>>>>> INFO: Starting service Catalina
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:40 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start
>>>>> INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/6.0.16
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:40 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster start
>>>>> INFO: Cluster is about to start
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:40 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.ReceiverBase bind
>>>>> INFO: Receiver Server Socket bound to:/10.84.2.42:4001
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:40 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.McastServiceImpl setupSocket
>>>>> INFO: Setting cluster mcast soTimeout to 500
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:40 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.McastServiceImpl waitForMembers
>>>>> INFO: Sleeping for 1000 milliseconds to establish cluster 
>>>>> membership, start level:4
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:41 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster memberAdded
>>>>> INFO: Replication member 
>>>>> added:org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.MemberImpl[tcp://{10, 
>>>>> 84, 2, 42}:4000,{10, 84, 2, 42},4000, alive=196161,id={-25 34 -32 
>>>>> 116 42 -104 70 78 -115 -32 93 74 -41 -122 -66 0 }, payload={}, 
>>>>> command={}, domain={}, ]
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:41 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.McastServiceImpl waitForMembers
>>>>> INFO: Done sleeping, membership established, start level:4
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:41 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.McastServiceImpl waitForMembers
>>>>> INFO: Sleeping for 1000 milliseconds to establish cluster 
>>>>> membership, start level:8
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:41 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.NioReceiver listen
>>>>> SEVERE: Unable to process request in NioReceiver
>>>>> java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument
>>>>>         at sun.nio.ch.Net.setIntOption0(Native Method)
>>>>>         at sun.nio.ch.Net.setIntOption(Net.java:152)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl$1.setInt(SocketChannelImpl.java:372)
>>>>>         at sun.nio.ch.SocketOptsImpl.setInt(SocketOptsImpl.java:46)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> sun.nio.ch.SocketOptsImpl$IP.typeOfService(SocketOptsImpl.java:249)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> sun.nio.ch.OptionAdaptor.setTrafficClass(OptionAdaptor.java:158)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> sun.nio.ch.SocketAdaptor.setTrafficClass(SocketAdaptor.java:330)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.NioReceiver.listen(NioReceiver.java:273) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.NioReceiver.run(NioReceiver.java:353) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:42 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.McastServiceImpl waitForMembers
>>>>> INFO: Done sleeping, membership established, start level:8
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:42 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.tipis.AbstractReplicatedMap init
>>>>> INFO: Initializing AbstractReplicatedMap with context name:
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:42 PM org.apache.catalina.tribes.io.BufferPool 
>>>>> getBufferPool
>>>>> INFO: Created a buffer pool with max size:104857600 bytes of 
>>>>> type:org.apache.catalina.tribes.io.BufferPool15Impl
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:42 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.ParallelNioSender doLoop
>>>>> WARNING: Member send is failing for:tcp://{10, 84, 2, 42}:4000 ; 
>>>>> Setting to suspect and retrying.
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:42 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.TcpFailureDetector 
>>>>> memberDisappeared
>>>>> INFO: Received 
>>>>> memberDisappeared[org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.MemberImpl[tcp://{10, 
>>>>> 84, 2, 42}:4000,{10, 84, 2, 42},4000, alive=197662,id={-25 34 -32 
>>>>> 116 42 -104 70 78 -115 -32 93 74 -41 -122 -66 0 }, payload={}, 
>>>>> command={}, domain={}, ]] message. Will verify.
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:42 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.TcpFailureDetector 
>>>>> memberDisappeared
>>>>> INFO: Verification complete. Member still 
>>>>> alive[org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.MemberImpl[tcp://{10, 
>>>>> 84, 2, 42}:4000,{10, 84, 2, 42},4000, alive=197662,id={-25 34 -32 
>>>>> 116 42 -104 70 78 -115 -32 93 74 -41 -122 -66 0 }, payload={}, 
>>>>> command={}, domain={}, ]]
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:42 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.tipis.AbstractReplicatedMap init
>>>>> WARNING: Unable to send map start message.
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:42 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.ha.context.ReplicatedContext start
>>>>> SEVERE: Unable to start ReplicatedContext
>>>>> java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start replicated map.
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.tipis.AbstractReplicatedMap.init(AbstractReplicatedMap.java:230) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.tipis.AbstractReplicatedMap.<init>(AbstractReplicatedMap.java:171) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.tipis.ReplicatedMap.<init>(ReplicatedMap.java:90) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.ha.context.ReplicatedContext.start(ReplicatedContext.java:64) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:719)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:516) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:710) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:578)
>>>>>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native 
>>>>> Method)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:288)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413)
>>>>> Caused by: org.apache.catalina.tribes.ChannelException: Send 
>>>>> failed, attempt:2 max:1; Faulty members:tcp://{10, 84, 2, 42}:4000;
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.ParallelNioSender.doLoop(ParallelNioSender.java:172) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.ParallelNioSender.sendMessage(ParallelNioSender.java:78) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.PooledParallelSender.sendMessage(PooledParallelSender.java:53) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.ReplicationTransmitter.sendMessage(ReplicationTransmitter.java:80) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.ChannelCoordinator.sendMessage(ChannelCoordinator.java:78) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.ChannelInterceptorBase.sendMessage(ChannelInterceptorBase.java:75) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.TcpFailureDetector.sendMessage(TcpFailureDetector.java:87) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.ChannelInterceptorBase.sendMessage(ChannelInterceptorBase.java:75) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.MessageDispatchInterceptor.sendMessage(MessageDispatchInterceptor.java:73) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.ChannelInterceptorBase.sendMessage(ChannelInterceptorBase.java:75) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.GroupChannel.send(GroupChannel.java:216) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.GroupChannel.send(GroupChannel.java:175) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.RpcChannel.send(RpcChannel.java:89)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.tipis.AbstractReplicatedMap.broadcast(AbstractReplicatedMap.java:300) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.tipis.AbstractReplicatedMap.init(AbstractReplicatedMap.java:223) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         ... 16 more
>>>>> Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument
>>>>>         at sun.nio.ch.Net.setIntOption0(Native Method)
>>>>>         at sun.nio.ch.Net.setIntOption(Net.java:152)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl$1.setInt(SocketChannelImpl.java:372)
>>>>>         at sun.nio.ch.SocketOptsImpl.setInt(SocketOptsImpl.java:46)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> sun.nio.ch.SocketOptsImpl$IP.typeOfService(SocketOptsImpl.java:249)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> sun.nio.ch.OptionAdaptor.setTrafficClass(OptionAdaptor.java:158)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> sun.nio.ch.SocketAdaptor.setTrafficClass(SocketAdaptor.java:330)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.NioSender.completeConnect(NioSender.java:147) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.NioSender.process(NioSender.java:89) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.ParallelNioSender.doLoop(ParallelNioSender.java:130) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         ... 30 more
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:42 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
>>>>> SEVERE: Catalina.start:
>>>>> LifecycleException:  Failed to start ReplicatedContext:  
>>>>> java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start replicated map.
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.ha.context.ReplicatedContext.start(ReplicatedContext.java:73) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:719)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1045)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:516) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:710) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:578)
>>>>>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native 
>>>>> Method)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:288)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413)
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:42 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
>>>>> INFO: Server startup in 2329 ms
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:47 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.ParallelNioSender doLoop
>>>>> WARNING: Not retrying send for:tcp://{10, 84, 2, 42}:4000; Sender 
>>>>> is disconnected.
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:47 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.TcpFailureDetector 
>>>>> memberDisappeared
>>>>> INFO: Received 
>>>>> memberDisappeared[org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.MemberImpl[tcp://{10, 
>>>>> 84, 2, 42}:4000,{10, 84, 2, 42},4000, alive=202684,id={-25 34 -32 
>>>>> 116 42 -104 70 78 -115 -32 93 74 -41 -122 -66 0 }, payload={}, 
>>>>> command={}, domain={}, ]] message. Will verify.
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:47 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.TcpFailureDetector 
>>>>> memberDisappeared
>>>>> INFO: Verification complete. Member still 
>>>>> alive[org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.MemberImpl[tcp://{10, 
>>>>> 84, 2, 42}:4000,{10, 84, 2, 42},4000, alive=202684,id={-25 34 -32 
>>>>> 116 42 -104 70 78 -115 -32 93 74 -41 -122 -66 0 }, payload={}, 
>>>>> command={}, domain={}, ]]
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:47 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.tipis.AbstractReplicatedMap heartbeat
>>>>> SEVERE: Unable to send AbstractReplicatedMap.ping message
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.ChannelException: Send failed, and 
>>>>> sender is disconnected. Not retrying.; Faulty members:tcp://{10, 
>>>>> 84, 2, 42}:4000;
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.ParallelNioSender.doLoop(ParallelNioSender.java:156) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.ParallelNioSender.sendMessage(ParallelNioSender.java:78) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.PooledParallelSender.sendMessage(PooledParallelSender.java:53) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.ReplicationTransmitter.sendMessage(ReplicationTransmitter.java:80) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.ChannelCoordinator.sendMessage(ChannelCoordinator.java:78) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.ChannelInterceptorBase.sendMessage(ChannelInterceptorBase.java:75) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.TcpFailureDetector.sendMessage(TcpFailureDetector.java:87) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.ChannelInterceptorBase.sendMessage(ChannelInterceptorBase.java:75) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.MessageDispatchInterceptor.sendMessage(MessageDispatchInterceptor.java:73) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.ChannelInterceptorBase.sendMessage(ChannelInterceptorBase.java:75) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.GroupChannel.send(GroupChannel.java:216) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.GroupChannel.send(GroupChannel.java:175) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.RpcChannel.send(RpcChannel.java:89)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.tipis.AbstractReplicatedMap.ping(AbstractReplicatedMap.java:253) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.tipis.AbstractReplicatedMap.heartbeat(AbstractReplicatedMap.java:793) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.GroupChannel.heartbeat(GroupChannel.java:153) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.GroupChannel$HeartbeatThread.run(GroupChannel.java:661) 
>>>>>
>>>>> Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument
>>>>>         at sun.nio.ch.Net.setIntOption0(Native Method)
>>>>>         at sun.nio.ch.Net.setIntOption(Net.java:152)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl$1.setInt(SocketChannelImpl.java:372)
>>>>>         at sun.nio.ch.SocketOptsImpl.setInt(SocketOptsImpl.java:46)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> sun.nio.ch.SocketOptsImpl$IP.typeOfService(SocketOptsImpl.java:249)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> sun.nio.ch.OptionAdaptor.setTrafficClass(OptionAdaptor.java:158)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> sun.nio.ch.SocketAdaptor.setTrafficClass(SocketAdaptor.java:330)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.NioSender.completeConnect(NioSender.java:147) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.NioSender.process(NioSender.java:89) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.ParallelNioSender.doLoop(ParallelNioSender.java:130) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         ... 16 more
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:47 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.ParallelNioSender doLoop
>>>>> WARNING: Not retrying send for:tcp://{10, 84, 2, 42}:4000; Sender 
>>>>> is disconnected.
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:47 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.TcpFailureDetector 
>>>>> memberDisappeared
>>>>> INFO: Received 
>>>>> memberDisappeared[org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.MemberImpl[tcp://{10, 
>>>>> 84, 2, 42}:4000,{10, 84, 2, 42},4000, alive=202684,id={-25 34 -32 
>>>>> 116 42 -104 70 78 -115 -32 93 74 -41 -122 -66 0 }, payload={}, 
>>>>> command={}, domain={}, ]] message. Will verify.
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:47 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.TcpFailureDetector 
>>>>> memberDisappeared
>>>>> INFO: Verification complete. Member still 
>>>>> alive[org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.MemberImpl[tcp://{10, 
>>>>> 84, 2, 42}:4000,{10, 84, 2, 42},4000, alive=202684,id={-25 34 -32 
>>>>> 116 42 -104 70 78 -115 -32 93 74 -41 -122 -66 0 }, payload={}, 
>>>>> command={}, domain={}, ]]
>>>>> Jul 10, 2008 1:06:47 PM 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.tipis.AbstractReplicatedMap heartbeat
>>>>> SEVERE: Unable to send AbstractReplicatedMap.ping message
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.ChannelException: Send failed, and 
>>>>> sender is disconnected. Not retrying.; Faulty members:tcp://{10, 
>>>>> 84, 2, 42}:4000;
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.ParallelNioSender.doLoop(ParallelNioSender.java:156) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.ParallelNioSender.sendMessage(ParallelNioSender.java:78) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.PooledParallelSender.sendMessage(PooledParallelSender.java:53) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.ReplicationTransmitter.sendMessage(ReplicationTransmitter.java:80) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.ChannelCoordinator.sendMessage(ChannelCoordinator.java:78) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.ChannelInterceptorBase.sendMessage(ChannelInterceptorBase.java:75) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.TcpFailureDetector.sendMessage(TcpFailureDetector.java:87) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.ChannelInterceptorBase.sendMessage(ChannelInterceptorBase.java:75) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.MessageDispatchInterceptor.sendMessage(MessageDispatchInterceptor.java:73) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.ChannelInterceptorBase.sendMessage(ChannelInterceptorBase.java:75) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.GroupChannel.send(GroupChannel.java:216) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.GroupChannel.send(GroupChannel.java:175) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.RpcChannel.send(RpcChannel.java:89)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.tipis.AbstractReplicatedMap.ping(AbstractReplicatedMap.java:253) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.tipis.AbstractReplicatedMap.heartbeat(AbstractReplicatedMap.java:793) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.GroupChannel.heartbeat(GroupChannel.java:158) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.GroupChannel$HeartbeatThread.run(GroupChannel.java:661) 
>>>>>
>>>>> Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument
>>>>>         at sun.nio.ch.Net.setIntOption0(Native Method)
>>>>>         at sun.nio.ch.Net.setIntOption(Net.java:152)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl$1.setInt(SocketChannelImpl.java:372)
>>>>>         at sun.nio.ch.SocketOptsImpl.setInt(SocketOptsImpl.java:46)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> sun.nio.ch.SocketOptsImpl$IP.typeOfService(SocketOptsImpl.java:249)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> sun.nio.ch.OptionAdaptor.setTrafficClass(OptionAdaptor.java:158)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> sun.nio.ch.SocketAdaptor.setTrafficClass(SocketAdaptor.java:330)
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.NioSender.completeConnect(NioSender.java:147) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.NioSender.process(NioSender.java:89) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         at 
>>>>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.ParallelNioSender.doLoop(ParallelNioSender.java:130) 
>>>>>
>>>>>         ... 16 more
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> and so on.  Top shows that both Java process is Up to 86%, the 
>>>>> machine is never idle and all memory is consumed.  The machine is 
>>>>> a PowerPc G6 from Apple with OSX 10.4.11.
>>>>> Tomcat version is: Apache Tomcat/6.0.16
>>>>> JVM version is: 1.5.0_13-b05-241
>>>>> I suspect the heartbeat pings have a problem, I just do not know 
>>>>> what to do about them.
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks ahead,
>>>>>
>>>>> János
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>> To start a new topic, e-mail: users@tomcat.apache.org
>>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
>>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> To start a new topic, e-mail: users@tomcat.apache.org
>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org
>>>
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To start a new topic, e-mail: users@tomcat.apache.org
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To start a new topic, e-mail: users@tomcat.apache.org
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To start a new topic, e-mail: users@tomcat.apache.org
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org
>
>
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To start a new topic, e-mail: users@tomcat.apache.org
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org


Mime
View raw message