tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: tomcat, apache with mod_jk and mod_auth_kerb
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2008 09:09:23 GMT
Nikhil wrote:

>> The remote user gets forwarded automatically, but in order to make Tomcat
>> accept that info and not try to authenticate itself, you need to set
>> tomcatAuthentication="false" in the ajp connector element in server.xml.
>>
>> See also http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/ajp.html
>>

>> If you want to forward additional info, you could use httpd env vars and
>> JkEnvVars. On the Tomcat side, retrieve those via
>> request.getAttribute("MyEnvVar").
>
> I am using Tomcat -5.5.12 and this is what I have in my server.xml
> configuration for http:
>
>     <!-- Define a SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8443 -->
>     <!--
>     <Connector port="64083" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
>                maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" maxSpareThreads="75"
>                enableLookups="false" disableUploadTimeout="true"
>                acceptCount="100" scheme="https" secure="true"
>                clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS" />
>     -->
>

> I could not lookup for the attribute tomcatAuthentication in the
> configuration however.

First of all 5.5.12 is very outdated and also very early in the 5.5
release cycle.

You need to add 'tomcatAuthentication="false"' in the Connector element
for your AJP connector. The connector you showed us above is

- an https connector
- a comment and not active

At least two good reasons, why this is not the right one. The AJP
Connector is the one, which uses port 8009 in the default configuration
and which you can identify by 'protocol="AJP/1.3"'.

Regards,

Rainer