tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Tomcat and IIS - I almost have it working, but...
Date Sat, 12 Jul 2008 12:02:04 GMT
Michael Dubno schrieb:
> I have (as far as I can tell) an IIS 6.0 server configured to redirect
> requests to a Tomcat 4.1.24 server. Except it doesn't seem to actually
> send the forwarded URL to the Tomcat server.  The configuration seems to
> be correct on the IIS server. Here is the isapi.log excerpt -

> [Tue Jul 08 15:23:10.926 2008] [7772:7804] [debug] jk_isapi_plugin.c
> (1336): fowarding escaped URI [/homeserver/servlet/Home]
>
> Even though the last line in the log says that it is forwarding an
> uscaped URI nothing seems to actually be forwarded to the Tomcat server.
> The Tomcat's log files show no activity but I know the ajp13 service is
> listening because if I telnet to port 8009 on the machine and type junk
> it appears as a hex dump in the log file.  Here are the configuration
> files on the IIS server -

> So it looks to me like everything is running except for some reason the
> forwarded URI never makes it to the Tomcat server. All I get is "page
> not found" errors when I try using a browser.  Any help to get this
> working would be greatly appreciated since I'm trying to move off of a
> dying linux box.

I would expect, that something with the IIS setup is still not correct.
The extension would log a line like

Service protocol=%s method=%s host=%s addr=%s name=%s port=%d auth=%s
user=%s uri=%s

with log level debug, immediately before it actually tries to send
somethin to Tomcat.

There are some additional hints about the isapi plugin and IIS 6:

http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=121159642020411&w=2
http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=121154940112993&w=2

Do they help?

Regards,