tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: IIS 6.0 / JK1.2.25 / Tomcat 5.5.20 - "Service temporary unavailable"
Date Sat, 12 Jul 2008 11:41:24 GMT
Jesse Klaasse schrieb:
> Hi Rainer,
>
> We are a week later now, with the changed settings, and while the
> environment first seemed to be a little more stable, in the end this
> unfortunately is not the case... We still reboot Tomcat every night
> automatically, and most of the time once a day manually because of the 503
> error.
>
> For example, I restarted Tomcat and IIS 10 minutes ago, and in the last 10
> minutes, isapi_redirect.log shows about 7 503 errors. Also a lot of 53, 54,
> 60 and 61 errors.
>
> Still looking into the dbcp issue.. I will try to put up a new post, but I'm
> not sure what the relevant info would be..
>
> Do you have any clues left?

Focus on the dbcp problem: "Database Pool: all threads waiting in
getConnection()". Check, if your bad nodes once again encountered this
problem (using thread dumps). Then start a new discussion thread with an
appropriate Subject. I'm sure webapp developers with db pool experience
will try to help. If the tomcat users list doesn't find a solution, you
could then move along to the dbcp list.

Regards,

Rainer