tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Troy Davidson" <Troy.David...@maverik.com>
Subject Request Body Greater Than 8192
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2008 21:28:55 GMT
I have an interesting problem and can't seem to find the answer anywhere.  We have Tomcat 5.5.26
running on a SuSE Linux server.  Tomcat is doing SOAP requests.

I get the body of the request with the following code:

BufferedReader reader = req.getReader();
while ((line = reader.readLine()) != null) {
   message += line.trim();
}
reader.close();

Sometimes we get a SOAP request in that has a body greater than 8192 bytes.  But, no matter
what I try, "message" will always have a length of 8192.  It won't read past the 8192 barrier.
 Now, I know that the default size of the BufferedReader is 8192.  I've changed this in the
BufferedReader constructor and that didn't help.

I'm hoping someone knows how to fix this problem.

Thanks.

Troy Davidson
Senior Programmer

Maverik, Inc.
880 W. Center St.
NSL, Utah 84054

801-335-3887 Office
801-663-1460 Cell

Thank you for allowing us to service your technical needs,
Your Technical Services Team