tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Sérgio Vieira Rolanski <ser...@strategos.com.br>
Subject Re: Problem publishing application to debian with tomcat 5.5.17
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2008 15:49:50 GMT
Not sure why, but at first this seemed like a tomcat issue, like some 
sort of different configuration on both servers since I deploy the exact 
same application on both servers with same libraries. Libraries like 
hibernate, ajax, myfaces, etc. are always deployed every time when I 
deploy my application since all these are in lib folder somewhere in the 
folder I publish.

All libraries should be the same on both servers since I deploy my 
"build\web" folder from project folder with all the libraries it uses to 
my debian server. And since both tomcat are version 5.5.17 I assume both 
are using the same libraries. I will check that just to make sure.

At this point seems like I'm asking to the wrong list. I will try the 
myfaces list. Thank you very much for all the answers.

Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
> Have not you tried to ask this question on myfaces-specific lists?
>
> Also, may it be, that there are different version of the libraries
> in your development and production tomcats?
>
>
> 2008/7/10 Sérgio Vieira Rolanski <sergio@strategos.com.br>:
>   
>> The basewebAcessoLogin.unidade.seqUnidade.value returns an Integer object.
>> The weird thing is that it works on Windows (netbeans + bundle tomcat), but
>> it doesn't work on Debian. Both are running Tomcat 5.5.17. From my point of
>> view it should work on both servers without the need to change anything.
>>
>> I just made a test, created a converter for SelectOneMenu to converter from
>> String to Integer and vice-versa. It's now working on both Windows and
>> Debian. But my project currently has more than 200 web pages. It's an
>> enterprise level web application, many modules, many functions and may be
>> too many things on it. ;)
>>
>> This problem started recently, couple of weeks ago the tomcat on Debian
>> server wasn't complaining about anything, was running just as smooth as
>> tomcat on Windows. It all started after we split the web project into
>> smaller modules.
>>
>> Now we have a web project that use several libraries, each library is a
>> module with its own web pages, java source code for each page and so on.
>>
>>
>> Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
>>     
>>> Well, looking at the sources...
>>>
>>>
>>> http://myfaces.apache.org/shared11/myfaces-shared-core/xref/org/apache/myfaces/shared/renderkit/RendererUtils.html#531
>>>
>>> http://myfaces.apache.org/shared11/myfaces-shared-core/xref/org/apache/myfaces/shared/renderkit/RendererUtils.html#504
>>>
>>> The RendererUtils.getConvertedStringValue( , Object) method does
>>> not accept values of selectItem.getValue() that are not instance of
>>> java.lang.String, and generates that message that you are seeing.
>>>
>>> In your code:
>>>
>>> value="#{basewebAcessoLogin.unidade.seqUnidade.value}"
>>>
>>> Is the value of seqUnidade.value a java.lang.String, or a
>>> java.lang.Integer?
>>> If it is Integer, it may be the cause.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> 2008/7/10 Sérgio Vieira Rolanski <sergio@strategos.com.br>:
>>>
>>>       
>>>> I converted my jsp file to UTF-8 and set the file.enconding on JAVA_OPTS,
>>>> but still have the problem. Also another person here tried this on a
>>>> different computer not using Integer object but String objects instead
>>>> and
>>>> it gives the same error. What I find more weird is that it says the value
>>>> is
>>>> equal to 1 ("value=1") on the exception's message, but nothing is being
>>>> set
>>>> to 1 anywhere on the code.
>>>>
>>>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Value is no String
>>>> (class=java.lang.Integer, value=1) and .......
>>>>
>>>> or that has nothing to do with the value I'm setting?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>         
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To start a new topic, e-mail: users@tomcat.apache.org
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>       
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To start a new topic, e-mail: users@tomcat.apache.org
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org
>>
>>     
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To start a new topic, e-mail: users@tomcat.apache.org
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org
>
>
>   


Mime
View raw message