tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sérgio Vieira Rolanski <ser...@strategos.com.br>
Subject Re: Problem publishing application to debian with tomcat 5.5.17
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2008 19:58:44 GMT
This is my "java -version" from the server running debian:

Java version "1.5.0_14"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_14-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.5.0_14-b03, mixed mode)

About my Tomcat, I downloaded and used the last 5.5.x and the 6.0.16
versions on both windows and debian. The results was the same, running
smooth on windows and failed to run with same exception on debian.

Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Sérgio Vieira Rolanski [mailto:sergio@strategos.com.br]
>> Subject: Problem publishing application to debian with tomcat 5.5.17
>>
>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Value is no String
>> (class=java.lang.Integer, value=4) and component
>> _idJsp46:smUnidadewith
>>

> The above error message does not look like one that would come from a real JVM.  If you
still have the GNU toy JVM installed on the Debian box, get rid of it and install a real one
(e.g., from Sun, BEA, IBM).

> Also, if you're using the Debian-mangled version of Tomcat, you will likely encounter
other problems due to the repackaging.  The solution for that is to throw it away as well,
and download a proper (and preferably more current) one from the Tomcat web site.