tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Piller S├ębastien <pi...@hmcrecord.ch>
Subject Restart TC with cron/sh
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2008 13:43:48 GMT
Hello,

I have my application in production for a month now. I've some problem
of memory leak that force me to restart TC each few days. I'm trying to
automate this operation with a cron that runs a *.sh file. But I don't
know how what to write in it. Actually, I've this:

/usr/local/tomcat/bin/shutdown.sh
killall -9 java
/usr/local/tomcat/bin/startup.sh

But when I run it using SSH, it makes a weird error:

[root@xxxxx bin]# /usr/local/tomcat/bin/restart.sh
: No such file or directoryrt.sh: line 1:*
/usr/local/tomcat/bin/shutdown.sh*
: no process killed
Using CATALINA_BASE:   /usr/local/tomcat
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /usr/local/tomcat
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/local/tomcat/temp
Using JRE_HOME:       /usr/java/jre1.5.0_06

... but shutdown.sh exists!

Does anybody have an example of a script that restart Tomcat?

Thanks a lot!