tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Paolo Niccolò Giubelli <paoloniccolo.giube...@itestense.it>
Subject Re: Access Local File System
Date Sun, 06 Jul 2008 08:10:33 GMT
It's very similar to the situation I described few days ago, so I quote
what Caldarale told me:

> It's not really difficult. Define a <Context> element for an
additional webapp that targets the external directory via a docBase
attribute, and place that <Context> element in
conf/Catalina/[host]/[newAppName].xml; use something like "images"
(without the quotes) for [newAppName]. Tomcat's DefaultServlet will
happily retrieve and display images or other static content from there
when referenced via http://[host]/[newAppName]/[file].[type].

In your situation, I'd use "videos" as the newAppName.
In the <Context> tag don't forget to put the
docBase="<your_external_path" attribute.