tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Paolo Niccolò Giubelli <>
Subject Make uploaded files survive to re-deploy
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2008 14:25:46 GMT
Hi! I'm very enthusiastic about tomcat, but I have a problem. I deployed
several web applications into an apache tomcat 5.5 webserver instance,
and most of them get images from the clients via file upload. Sometimes
I need to change something or correct bugs, and obviously I need to
redeploy the applications. How can I make uploaded files survive to this
task, without using backup copies and/or using the database to store
them(a lot of people told me that this could kill sql performances)? If
I use an external directory, it would be difficult to make those files
accessible to the webpages...
Any help appreciated.
Thank you in advance!

To start a new topic, e-mail: