tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tom van Wietmarschen <...@service2media.com>
Subject Re: Response already comitted on first line of servlet
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2008 07:21:20 GMT
Tom van Wietmarschen wrote:
> L.S,
>
> I'm investigating a problem in which one of our servlets doesn't return
> any headers most of the time (sometimes it does work, but it seems quite
> random) After a bit of digging I found out that the reason the headers
> aren't added is that the response already seems to be comitted.
Okay, I found and fixed the bug yesterday evening, I was using a
MemoryCacheImageOutputStream that I didn't dispose of properly. So when
it got garbage collected it closed the outputstream in its finalize
method, and since the response object is recycled this comitted the
response of a subsequent run.

Tom
--

**Tom van Wietmarschen**