tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: /tomcat/mod_jk2.so: symbol ap_MD5Init: referenced symbol not found.
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 19:39:01 GMT
Linda Le wrote:
> Hi ALL
>
> While loading mod_jk2 from tomcat 5.5.25 to Apache 2.2.26. I got the
> following error.  Appreciate your pointer.  Thanks.
>
> Cannot load /tomcat/mod_jk2.so into server: ld.so.1: httpd: fatal:
> relocation error: file /tomcat/mod_jk2.so: symbol ap_MD5Init:
> referenced symbol not found

The symbol only exists in httpd 1.3.

mod_jk2 is deprecated. The project is no longer active and noone
supports it.

mod_jk now contains nearly all of the features of mod_jk2 (and some
things more) and is actively supported. So please use mod_jk instead.

The recent version of mod_jk is 1.2.26. It s compatible with the above
given versions of Tomcat and Apache.

Regards,

Rainer