tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: proxy_ajp behind a firewall
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 08:49:18 GMT
Hi Michele,

Michele Mase' schrieb:
> Under mod_jk a "best pratics" (10 minutes session timeout 4 example) was:
>
> Adding the value connectionTimeout="600000" in the connector field in
> server.xml
> for example
> <Connector port="8009" enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443"
> protocol="AJP/1.3"
> connectionTimeout="600000"/>
>
> And in workers.properties:
> worker.node1.connect_timeout=10000
> worker.node1.prepost_timeout=10000
> worker.node1.socket_timeout=10
> #This value must equal server.xml's connectionTimeout of 10 minutes
> worker.node1.connection_pool_timeout=600
>
> Which parameters should I use with proxy_ajp?
> I've found that:
>
> mod_jk               proxy_ajp
>
> connect_timeout  ping
> socket_timeout    timeout
> timeout              ttl
>
> Is it Correct????

Basically yes. I'm not sure about "timeout", because there have been
some changes recently. It might be some mixture between socket_timeout
and reply_timeout. Your value for ttl (and for timeout depending on it's
exact meaning) might be a bit low though.

You could post questions for mod_proxy to the httpd users list, because
mod_proxy is part of the httpd project.

> ProxySet balancer://ajpCluster stickysession=JSESSIONID nofailover=On ping=1
> timeout=10 ttl=60

All existing parameters are listed under

    http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxypass

You might also want to consider e.g. smax.

Regards,

Rainer