tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Konstantin Kolinko" <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem publishing application to debian with tomcat 5.5.17
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2008 15:21:02 GMT
Have not you tried to ask this question on myfaces-specific lists?

Also, may it be, that there are different version of the libraries
in your development and production tomcats?


2008/7/10 Sérgio Vieira Rolanski <sergio@strategos.com.br>:
> The basewebAcessoLogin.unidade.seqUnidade.value returns an Integer object.
> The weird thing is that it works on Windows (netbeans + bundle tomcat), but
> it doesn't work on Debian. Both are running Tomcat 5.5.17. From my point of
> view it should work on both servers without the need to change anything.
>
> I just made a test, created a converter for SelectOneMenu to converter from
> String to Integer and vice-versa. It's now working on both Windows and
> Debian. But my project currently has more than 200 web pages. It's an
> enterprise level web application, many modules, many functions and may be
> too many things on it. ;)
>
> This problem started recently, couple of weeks ago the tomcat on Debian
> server wasn't complaining about anything, was running just as smooth as
> tomcat on Windows. It all started after we split the web project into
> smaller modules.
>
> Now we have a web project that use several libraries, each library is a
> module with its own web pages, java source code for each page and so on.
>
>
> Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
>>
>> Well, looking at the sources...
>>
>>
>> http://myfaces.apache.org/shared11/myfaces-shared-core/xref/org/apache/myfaces/shared/renderkit/RendererUtils.html#531
>>
>> http://myfaces.apache.org/shared11/myfaces-shared-core/xref/org/apache/myfaces/shared/renderkit/RendererUtils.html#504
>>
>> The RendererUtils.getConvertedStringValue( , Object) method does
>> not accept values of selectItem.getValue() that are not instance of
>> java.lang.String, and generates that message that you are seeing.
>>
>> In your code:
>>
>> value="#{basewebAcessoLogin.unidade.seqUnidade.value}"
>>
>> Is the value of seqUnidade.value a java.lang.String, or a
>> java.lang.Integer?
>> If it is Integer, it may be the cause.
>>
>>
>>
>> 2008/7/10 Sérgio Vieira Rolanski <sergio@strategos.com.br>:
>>
>>>
>>> I converted my jsp file to UTF-8 and set the file.enconding on JAVA_OPTS,
>>> but still have the problem. Also another person here tried this on a
>>> different computer not using Integer object but String objects instead
>>> and
>>> it gives the same error. What I find more weird is that it says the value
>>> is
>>> equal to 1 ("value=1") on the exception's message, but nothing is being
>>> set
>>> to 1 anywhere on the code.
>>>
>>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Value is no String
>>> (class=java.lang.Integer, value=1) and .......
>>>
>>> or that has nothing to do with the value I'm setting?
>>>
>>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To start a new topic, e-mail: users@tomcat.apache.org
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org
>>
>>
>>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To start a new topic, e-mail: users@tomcat.apache.org
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To start a new topic, e-mail: users@tomcat.apache.org
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org


Mime
View raw message