tomcat-users mailing list archives

From JLucas ZB <jl.zibb...@orange.fr>
Subject RE: Rebuilding Tomcat from sources
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2008 07:25:10 GMT

 Hello Chuck,

thank you very much for your answer, this helps me

JLZ

> Message du 27/06/08 15:14
> De : "Caldarale, Charles R"
> A : "Tomcat Users List"
> Copie à :
> Objet : RE: Rebuilding Tomcat from sources
>

> > From: JLucas ZB [mailto:jl.zibbibo@orange.fr]
> > Subject: Re: Rebuilding Tomcat from sources
> >
> > Where can I get tomcat-dbcp.jar, which URL ?  (to rebuild
> > tomcat, i had to retrieve it from the binary distrib.)
>
> Look in the build.xml and build.properties.default files for source locations.  You'll
see that tomcat-dbcp.jar is actually constructed from several commons- sources: collections,
pool, and dbcp.  The default locations of each are under http://archive.apache.org/dist/commons:

> collections/source/commons-collections-3.2-src.tar.gz
> pool/source/commons-pool-1.4-src.tar.gz
> dbcp/source/commons-dbcp-1.2.2-src.tar.gz
>
> Since you can't run the ant download target in your environment, you can do the downloads
manually, then run the ant build-tomcat-dbcp target to construct the .jar file.  Look at lines
676 and following (that's for 6.0.16, may be different in 6.0.14) in the build.xml script.