tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Axel Leucht" <axel.leu...@dokom.net>
Subject Bean in session scope
Date Sun, 06 Jul 2008 16:05:07 GMT
I'm currently operating an Apache webserver 2.2.4 in front of an Apache
tomcat 6.0.16. Both are working together via mod_proxy.

I'm trying to execute the NumberGuess sample provided with tomcat via the
webserver.

I can access the webapp successfully. The jsp page declares a bean in
session scope <jsp:useBean id="numguess" class="num.NumberGuessBean"
scope="session"/> and doesn't work as any request creates a new Java-Bean!

I can confirm that the constructor is run with any request, hence setting
numGuesses to 0 and a new answer to find.

When I change to scope="application", it works and of course everything
works also when executed directly when accessing via tomcat.

Can someone tell me what is wrong in my configuration?

Here are the relevant lines in my httpd.conf:
	<Proxy balancer://mycluster>
		BalancerMember ajp://192.168.0.101:8009 route=checkov
keepalive=On retry=30 ttl=60
	</Proxy>
	<Location /foo>
		ProxyPass balancer://mycluster/examples/jsp/
stickysession=JSESSIONID timeout=5
	</Location>