tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nikhil <mnik...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tomcat, apache with mod_jk and mod_auth_kerb
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 09:40:40 GMT
On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 2:52 PM, Rainer Jung <rainer.jung@kippdata.de>
wrote:

> To repeat two of my questions:
>
> What do you expect to be the value of the 'REMOTE_USER' variable?
>
> Do you expect something else, than what you get from
> request.getRemoteUser()?
>
> After I understand that, we can find an appropriate solution.
>

> Regards,
>
> Rainer

Hi Rainer,

REMOTE_USER variable value is always expected to be as set by the httpd
process and passed onto the tomcat.
>>Do you expect something else, than what you get from
request.getRemoteUser()?
No, but I would not want to have this method invoked everytime I want to
know a logged in account instead an already set (global)  variable value
(preferrably by httpd and passed onto the tomcat) would do.

Regards, Nikhil