tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nikhil <>
Subject Re: tomcat, apache with mod_jk and mod_auth_kerb
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 05:07:53 GMT
On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 6:35 PM, Rainer Jung <>

What do you expect to be the value of the 'REMOTE_USER' variable? Do you
> expoect something else, than what you get from request.getRemoteUser()? What
> do you mean by variable? Maybe an httpd environment Variable?
Precisely. I also need the httpd environment variable REMOTE_USER  also
passed to the tomcat .... I have this in my httpd.conf ... and I am reading
all the environment variables(apart from the headers) in the jsp but have
these values set to null... am I missing anything specific with these

  SetHandler jakarta-servlet
  RequestHeader set X_REMOTE_USER %{RU}e
  JkEnvVar JK_REMOTE_USER %{remoteUser}e