tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Joris Kimpe <>
Subject Running CGI (Perl) => Can't load module DBI
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2008 15:13:35 GMT

Hi all,

don't know if this is the correct place, but here it goes...

I've created a cgi script (perl) which need to run in Tomcat 5.5.  But when
I try to connect to our database, the error I get is:

install_driver(DB2) failed: Can't load
'w:/win32/install/core/CO_PERL/site/lib/auto/DBD/DB2/DB2.dll' for module
DBD::DB2: load_file:The specified module could not be found at
w:/win32/install/core/CO_PERL/lib/ line 230.
 at (eval 3) line 3
Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where expected
 at W:\win32\install\core\CO_TOMCAT\webapps\xtremis\WEB-INF\cgi\
line 283

If I check for the dll, I see that is present in this directory...

If I copy some dll's from C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\BIN to the same
directory, it works fine...  But I don't think this is the way to do it.

My question now is, how can I set a custom environment variable which I can
use in my perl script (while running in Tomcat).

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message