tomcat-users mailing list archives

From sridharmnj <sridhar...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Tomcat 5.0.27, JDK 1.3.1 - NoSuchMethodError in CGIServlet$CGIEnvironment
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 14:23:12 GMT

Hi,

I am working on cgi scripts in tomcat.
I did all the stuff for CGI in tomcat (Renaming jar file, uncommenting CGI
servlet and all).

When I access a simple ../hello.cgi, its working fine. But when use
parameters (../hello.cgi?name=user) its giving the NoSuchMethodError.

I tried googling and in many forums but of no use.
My system environment is:

Tomcat 5.0.27
JDK 1.3.1

Error:

root cause
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
	at
org.apache.catalina.servlets.CGIServlet$CGIEnvironment.<init>(CGIServlet.java:731)
	at org.apache.catalina.servlets.CGIServlet.doGet(CGIServlet.java:587)

Please guide me in right direction to resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Sridhar