tomcat-users mailing list archives

From nch <underscore_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: clustering: session replication
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 16:36:18 GMT

  Here it is.
  Only difference between server.xml in first tomcat instance and second instance is jvmRoute="jvm1"
and jvmRoute="jvm2".
  This web app uses iframes in order to upload files without reloading the whole page. I found
that this is somehow related to the issue, but still could not spot what exactly is causing
it. Ajax might also be related.

  Thanks for the tip on logging. Could not find any evidence of sth going wrong with replication,
though. I know replication is working in a failover scenario.

  Any suggestions?
  Many thanks.

----- Original Message ----
From: Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devlists@hanik.com>
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2008 7:30:34 PM
Subject: Re: clustering: session replication

also, post your configuration, to make sure you have it right
(server.xml and context.xml)

Filip

nch wrote:
> Hello, again.
> Well, I'm asking about how to enable cluster logging because I'm running an apache/mod_jk
balanced two node cluster (without sticky session).
> Whenever a request is being sent to a tomcat different than the one which started the
session, then the session is lost. Btw,
> this is an ajax application (dwr).
> This was working perfectly well when using sticky session, but now I have the requirement
not to use it. That is, before, when one of the two tomcats went down, then the other one
would keep the session.