tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ken Bowen <kbo...@als.com>
Subject Re: Down the rabbit hole with JDBC
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2008 23:46:54 GMT
Matt,

If you don't find anything suggestive in the logs, try running with a
debugger and put a breakpoint
on the first statement in the contextInitialized method in your
AppListener to try to track down
why it's dying (i.e., what's causing SEVERE: Error listenerStart).
Then start steppting through.
You should be able to determine what the application listenters are
(there may be more than one) by
going to WEB-INF\web.xml and looking for the declarations <listener-
class>path.to.class</listener-class>.

Ken