tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Matt Burkhardt <...@imparisystems.com>
Subject Re: Down the rabbit hole with JDBC
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2008 22:26:40 GMT
Thanks - it was the first - I just had the files in the WEB-INF
directory - not in the lib

Is there some method for finding errors / logs?  Right now, I'm trying
to get an application running, and I'm just guessing.  For example, my
catalina.log file says

INFO: The listener "org.alfresco.web.app.ContextListener" is already
configured for this context. The duplicate definition has been ignored.
Jul 24, 2008 3:46:11 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Error listenerStart
Jul 24, 2008 3:46:11 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Context [/alfresco] startup failed due to previous errors

Where can I go to find out what's causing this?  

On Thu, 2008-07-24 at 17:41 -0400, David Smith wrote:

> This isn't a JDBC error as much as it's a taglib error.  You are trying 
> to use JSTL taglibs in your web application and tomcat can't find the 
> libraries that contain the taglib.  Things to check:
> 
> 1. standard.jar and jstl.jar are in the webapp's WEB-INF/lib directory 
> -- at least for jstl 1.1.  I believe jstl 1.2 consolidated things into 
> one jar file.
> 
> 2. The webapp's docBase is not the same as the <Host ...> element's 
> appBase attribute in server.xml.  This has already bitten one person on 
> the list today.
> 
> --David
> 
> Matt Burkhardt wrote:
> > Sorry - I've been slogging through this...
> >
> > Anyway, I'm trying to get an application working, but all of their
> > documentation talks about is tomcat5.5 and I've got tomcat6
> >
> > I have gotten the latest Connector/J binary from MySQL and installed in
> > into <tomcat>/lib but I would like to test it.  So, I went to
> >
> > http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html
> >
> > and followed the instructions to set up a DBTest - but I get this
> >
> > HTTP Status 500 - 
> >
> > ________________________________________________________________________
> >
> > type Exception report
> >
> > message 
> >
> > description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented
> > it from fulfilling this request.
> >
> > exception 
> >
> >
> > org.apache.jasper.JasperException: The absolute uri: http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/sql
cannot be resolved in either web.xml or the jar files deployed with this application
> > 	org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:51)
> > 	org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatch(ErrorDispatcher.java:409)
> > 	org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.jspError(ErrorDispatcher.java:116)
> > 	org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.generateTLDLocation(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:315)
> > 	org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.<init>(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:148)
> > 	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseTaglibDirective(Parser.java:420)
> > 	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseDirective(Parser.java:483)
> > 	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseElements(Parser.java:1433)
> > 	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:133)
> > 	org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.doParse(ParserController.java:216)
> > 	org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.parse(ParserController.java:103)
> > 	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateJava(Compiler.java:153)
> > 	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:314)
> > 	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:294)
> > 	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:281)
> > 	org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:566)
> > 	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:317)
> > 	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:337)
> > 	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:266)
> > 	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
> >
> > Here's the code that I'm running - are the taglibs incorrect?
> >
> > <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/sql" prefix="sql" %>
> > <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" prefix="c" %>
> >
> > <sql:query var="rs" dataSource="jdbc/TestDB">
> > select id, foo, bar from testdata
> > </sql:query>
> >
> > <html>
> >   <head>
> >     <title>DB Test</title>
> >   </head>
> >   <body>
> >
> >   <h2>Results</h2>
> >   
> > <c:forEach var="row" items="${rs.rows}">
> >     Foo ${row.foo}<br/>
> >     Bar ${row.bar}<br/>
> > </c:forEach>
> >
> >   </body>
> > </html>
> >
> >
> >
> > Matt Burkhardt, MSTM
> > President
> > Impari Systems, Inc.
> > 401 Rosemont Avenue
> > Frederick, MD  21701
> > mlb@imparisystems.com
> > www.imparisystems.com
> > (301) 644-3911
> >
> >
> >
> >   
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To start a new topic, e-mail: users@tomcat.apache.org
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org
> 

Matt Burkhardt, MSTM
President
Impari Systems, Inc.
401 Rosemont Avenue
Frederick, MD  21701
mlb@imparisystems.com
www.imparisystems.com
(301) 644-3911



Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message